The people of India love Bikes. They are fond of traveling especially mountains and hilly areas. All the people in the age groups from students to working professionals are fond of using EV Two-wheelers (such as motorcycles, mopeds, and scooters have been a primary feature on Indian roads)
Instead of Four-wheelers people prefer Two-Wheeler because Two-wheelers are easily moveable in heavy traffic as well as nonmotorable roads. Another reason for choosing Two-wheelers is they are extremely affordable and are cheaper to maintain than cars.
On the one side vehicles are the basic requirement of people used for transportation of goods and to travel but on another side, they harm our environment.
The emission of carbon dioxide and the use of oil-based fuel is dangerous for the environment so researchers find a remedy to introduce electric vehicles. They are environmentally friendly.
What are the essential modifications done on electric vehicles?
- E-bikes having High Gear Ratio
- The impressive design of the vehicle attracts customers
- Tubeless Tires light in weight and reduce energy consumption is used in Electric Two-Wheelers
- Single motor work for recharging batteries makes it unique and environmentally friendly.
Modifications are done in Electric Vehicles.
Electric Vehicle-Perfect alternative for fuel:
India saw the greatest rise in electric vehicles which is the best alternative to fuel-based vehicles. All existing vehicles using fuel and their fuel cost is swelling day by day.
To decrease their fuel cost and dipping pollution researchers find a good solution for electric vehicles. The innovation of the internal combustion engine is the best creations of humankind.
An electric scooter is more pocket-friendly. It will offer the same mileage as a petrol scooter at 15% of the cost of one liter of fuel.
EV Two-Wheelers make a big market difference:
The Electric Two-Wheeler market in India is expanding day by day. The biggest reason for the widely increasing market is the growing awareness of greenhouse gas emissions and environmental pollution. EV’s have a large potential to reduce dependency on crude oil as fuel.
The government framed several policies on EV’s which increase customer’s interest to buy more and more electric vehicles.
Therefore, the cost-effectiveness of EVs due to government incentives and long-term crude oil savings along with environmental friendliness are key factors increasing the purchase of electric vehicles in India.
The analysis of the electric two-wheeler market in India provides sizing and growth opportunities for the period 2021–2025.
The Key factors that contribute to growth to the Electric Vehicle Two-Wheelers market in India:
- Increase in affordability of EV’s in nearby areas.
- Increase in Government Initiatives and long-term crude oil savings along with environmental friendliness.
- Growing awareness of greenhouse gas emissions and environmental pollution.
- Government collaboration with industry on designing and manufacturing EV’s.
Factors are likely to contribute to the growth of the electric two-wheeler market in India
Challenges faced by Electric Vehicles:
- The most talked-about challenge is the infrastructure for electric vehicles. The most essential for EV’s are the charging points which are not available everywhere. We can’t use electric Vehicles on highways because there is no charging point across highways.
- The other foremost drawback is the charging time. An electric scooter needs a couple of hours for full charge In India, people are always in a hurry and they can’t wait for long hours for charging.
- The people living in apartment complexes find it more challenging to power their electric vehicles.
- Many electric bikes also come with removable batteries, but still, It is more tedious when compared to fueling a scooter.
- Electric Vehicle Two-Wheelers are more expensive than petrol Two-Wheelers. The best-rated Two-Wheelers runs on lithium-ion batteries, which make them expensive
- EV have short operational range & slower speeds than petrol vehicles.
- Services of EV’s are also a big challenge because the exact service cost right now is unknown.
- Customers lack awareness about the financial incentives offered by the government on EV Two-Wheelers, while the rest have a limited understanding of the EV’s durability and after-sales services
- Another roadblock for autonomous vehicles and EVs in India is the poor road and advanced logistics infrastructure.
The Future Technology Evolution:
The automobile industry is actively working in terms of technology and Its strong ability to tackle environmental issues.
The future of Electric vehicles is being marked with cleaner and quicker transport along with much-needed greenhouse gas emissions reductions in the transport sector.
Researchers are actively working on advancements in Electric Vehicle technology and infrastructure. They will continue to work on increasing battery capacity and decreasing production costs.
The future of mobility promises to be silent, effective, and much better for our environment. In the coming year, public procurement is expected to be an important driver
The timely adoption coupled with the electrification of the existing vehicles and growth of charging infrastructure will create a shift, the impact of which will be felt in metropolitan cities.